Home Care Instructions to Minimize Bruising
Pre & Post Injections
At Refine Cosmetic Clinic we do our very best to minimize the chances of bruising with all our facial injectable treatments. However due to the nature of injectables, every time a needle enters the skin there is always a change that bruising may occur. Some bruises are so tiny, it just looks like a dot where the needle touched the skin and unfortunately some bruises are a bit bigger or darker that require some camouflage make-up and a few days to subside.
Here are some helpful tips to reduce the chances of bruising:
Avoid all of the following medications and vitamins 7-10 days PRIOR to your injection. (There are no safety contraindications to these medications and they will not affect the treatment result however, they may increase the chance of a bruise)
- Aspirin (ASA)
- Alcohol for 72 hours
- Green Tea
- Vitamin E
- Flax seed oil
- Garlic pills
- Ginko Biloba
- Omega's/fish oil
- Cold FX
- If you take any blood-thinning medications such as Coumadin or Heparin or have any bleeding disorders, please notify us prior to the injection as these medications can cause bruising.
- Avoid scheduling your filler injection prior to important social events.
- Arnica Montana pills (homeopathic medicine to treat bruises & swelling) can be taken pre and post injection. The pills can be purchased through our clinic or most health food stores.
- Traumeel topical cream (homeopathic) can also greatly help to reduce bruising & swelling.
- Bromelain pills (homeopathic) are enzymes from pineapple plant that work to reduce inflammation and bruising.
- Camouflage make-up can be applied to cover bruising.